Guidelines for Scholarship Application 2020
• SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: Download instructions and application forms from the foundation website, i.e. www.spauldingfamily.com and click “BESDF Projects” to access the Scholarship Program.
• Scholarship Amount: BESDF, Inc. has established a scholarship fund consisting of a $2,000.00 scholarships. Each scholarship recipient will receive $1,000 per school year.
• The scholarships will be awarded every two years and the scholarship application must be submitted by April 1st of the even number year, i.e. 2018, 2020 and every even year thereafter.
• Applicant must be an African-American or Native-American and a US citizen who is a current resident of Bladen, Columbus, New Hanover, Pender, Robeson, or Brunswick County in the state of North Carolina.
• Applicant must be enrolled full-time as an undergrad or graduate student in a degree seeking program at a US accredited college, community college or university in the US and or US territories.
• Applicant must be pursing your first undergrad or graduate degree.
• Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of family need, student income, required essays, and meeting minimum GPA requirements.
• The Scholarship Committee will review and select the scholarship recipients from the applications postmarked by no later than May 1st of the even number year, i.e. 2018, 2020 and every even year thereafter.
• Applicants must include official transcripts from an accredited college, community college, or university.
• Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, with at least 12 undergraduate credit hours.
• The number of scholarships awarded and the amounts are subject to change depending upon funding for the BESDF, Inc. Scholarship Program.
• The application and all supporting documents must be submitted by mail to:
BESDF, Inc. Scholarship Committee
160 WoodCroft Drive
Youngsville, NC 27596